What is Frame.io?
Frame.io is a cloud-based collaboration tool used up-stream of Peach which allows various stakeholders to share, annotate, review and approve media content and more.
Read more about Frame.io on their website.
Production Companies, Creative Agencies, Post Houses, Brands and Advertisers can work together using Frame.io from pre-production, production through to post-production, when the final master files can be viewed and approved ready to be distributed by Peach.
It is at this point content can be uploaded from Frame.io directly to Peach without the need to upload/download files to local desktops, or share via insecure links such as Wetranfer.
How does it work?
- Files stored in Frame.io are added through the ‘Add file’ button in the Ad's pop-up in Peach by selecting the Frame.io tab
- Enter the Frame.io login credentials
- You will see folders that reflect the Frame.io account that you are logged into
- Search or browse for the required ad
- Select the file and it will be quickly uploaded to Peach
- Uploaded files go through the usual Peach QC process
- Once passed QC they are ready to be distributed as per normal
Is Frame.io editing software?
- No. Frame.io is used to review, annotate and approve content, it is not used to edit video content
- Files are uploaded for review, this may be rushes, review cuts and well as final master files
- Only final masters should be uploaded from Frame.io to Peach
Who can use this integration?
- A Frame.io account is required - this should be arranged directly with Framce.io
- The Frame.io integration must be enabled in the Peach account
- Frame.io users with the correct access can login to their Frame.io account through Peach and directly uploaded approved content
- As with Peach, Frame.io users can be added to projects with different permissions (view, comment, approve). If they do not have the Frame.io access they would need to speak to Frame.io
Is the Peach upload and QC process the same?
- Yes - files uploaded directly from Frame.io have to be named correctly and to the correct spec, just as you would expect when uploading the usual way
- A file will not begin to upload if the file name does not match the Clock ID
- Any file not to the correct spec will be flagged by the Peach QC
- Any file failing QC needs to be fixed, re-uploaded to Frame.io and re-uploaded to Peach from Frame.io
- There is no restriction on which file format can be pulled from the Frame.io account. However, files that are not the correct spec will fail Peach QC.
Why are some of the files I see in my Frame.io account disabled?
- You can only pull video files that are in the “Approved” state in Frame.io. Video files in any other state can be seen, but are disabled
- Non-video files such as MP3, PNG, BMP, ZIP, etc. are also disabled.
Please sign in to leave a comment.